compensation: Based On Experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Our company is seeking a highly talented Software Engineer. The ideal candidate must have programming experience with C or C++ and PYTHON or another object-oriented language; have a solid understanding of object oriented as well as functional programming paradigms; and understand and have an interest in software engineering best practices. Other nice-to-haves include experience developing GUI applications; solving quantitative problems; a solid knowledge of algorithms and computational complexity; and experience working with large data sets such as those produced by finite element and/or computational fluid dynamics codes. Familiarity with a data visualization/manipulation software system like VTK and knowledge MPI and OpenMP parallelization is also a plus.
A successful candidate must be able to work, think, and innovate independently in a fast-paced work environment with challenging time constraints. The ability to multi-task and work on projects that require varying skill-sets simultaneously is a must.
· BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or Related Quantitative Science Field such as Astronomy, Physics, Applied Mathematics or Chemistry.
· Strong math skills including linear algebra and multivariate calculus.
· Minimum 1-2 years’ professional software engineering experience.
· Experience with C or C++, Python and Numpy/Matplotlib (or a similar open source development and analysis stack), FORTRAN and LINUX OS.
· Experience with and interest in software engineering best practices.
· Interest in solving highly technical and challenging science and engineering problems.
· U.S. Citizen.
Karagozian & Case, Inc. (K&C) is an internationally recognized science and engineering consulting firm that was founded in 1945. K&C’s mission is to be the leader in innovating and fielding: 1) engineering software tools, 2) high-fidelity physics-based computational tools, 3) structural and mechanical systems, and 4) engineering services by leveraging state-of-the-art research, analysis, and design methods. K&C serves clients in the defense, counterterrorism, construction, manufacturing, space, energy, and insurance industries. Our strength lies in our team of experts and our culture of collaboration.
K&C’s services commonly fall into the following functional areas of expertise.
Modeling, simulation, and analysis.
Applied research and testing.
Product and software development.
Threat and vulnerability assessments.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter
Job Type: Full-time
Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Software Development: 1 year (Preferred)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers