At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers - for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
We are adding the position of Millwork Sales Manager to our Anderson sales group with a focus on managing the millwork sales operations and identifying future opportunities for our millwork products.
About The Position
• Implement sales and market strategy to best capture business for Millwork product sales
• Develop sales objectives, effectively communicate strategies with team, and manage the effectiveness of those objectives in line with company goals
• Assess, manage, and develop the sales team to ensure individual and group sales goals are achieved
• Ensure account receivables are actively and effectively managed
• Determine, define, and execute strategy going to market with the Company’s products
• Drive sales and marketing programs to improve profitability and growth
• Develop sales solutions and competitive pricing strategies, communicate value proposition to customers, and reevaluate solutions where necessary
• Manage product sales strategies with a strong customer focus
• Manage demand planning by providing input to sales, inventory, and operations managers
• Develop business and customer relationships, and lasting partnerships
• Create an environment that fosters collaboration and continuous improvement
• Work collaboratively with other managers to meet the needs of our customers
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, manufacturing, or similar field is preferred
• 5 years’ experience in millwork/softwood lumber sales and marketing
• Demonstrated history of leading, organizing, and motivating a sales team
• Proven ability to penetrate and develop new markets
• Extensive knowledge of the principles of lumber manufacturing
• A solid knowledge of customer management, sales support, product pricing, inventory management, distribution and transportation methods
• Knowledge and experience with export and import markets
Excellent presentation skills before both small and large groups
• Ability to set, prioritize, meet goals and objectives
• Competence with computer software and technology that supports sales objectives, including Excel
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by April 8, 2019 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Paul Niemer, Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
About Our Company
Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 and has grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing over 5,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
We are a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages nearly 2 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively uses nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our facilities. In fact, any small amount that isn't turned into hand-crafted doors and windows, millwork, lumber, or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
We are proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities follow our drug-free and tobacco-free policies. As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We use E-verify to verify the social security number and work authorization of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers