condition: excellent fuel: diesel odometer: 64000 rv type: class A size / dimensions: 40 title status: clean transmission: automatic
QR Code Link to This Post
This 40' Class A Diesel Pusher by Monaco has four full slides, brand new tires, and is so spacious that 6 of us fit comfortably in the coach for a full Thanksgiving meal.
What's unique about this is the layout:
The Kitchen and Dining are directly behind the full-leather cushy Driver and Passenger lounges (with full auto-foot rest). This leaves plenty of room for the spacious living room: complete with fireplace, full smart TV and LOTS of storage, toward the middle of the vehicle.
This uncommon set up has a number of advantages, but the best for us was the fact that you could sit comfortably in the leather sofa or plush loveseat to watch the large TV without craning your neck to look up at the ceiling...where most RV TVs get placed (between the driver and passenger seats above the windshield). This TV is placed just above the fireplace, at a comfortable height for watching and without any bright reflection staring back from a windshield.
Besides all of the easily-accessible storage for the important stuff, there's also a full queen pull-out sofa bed and a small futon for extra sleepers. Our young adult sons have all stayed with us at one time or another for visits, and it never felt over-crowded. They also stated that the bed was particularly comfortable.
Also, the driver and passenger seats do a full 180 to become super comfortable recliner chairs!
The Master Bedroom has two full slides which allows for a full walk around Queen sleep-number bed and tons of storage in the HUGE mirrored double-door closet (also Double-Poled), and the plethora of cabinets and drawers.
The bedroom is so roomy that our 105lb Bernese Mountain Dog and our 65lb Golden Retriever slept nightly in the same room in their own comfy beds.
The ceiling fan is a nice touch for style and air movement, and the lighting has been well-thought through for design and switches.
The bathroom hits the mark with a well-planned design for a large corner shower, lots of storage in surrounding cabinets, and a washer/dryer combo. The glass-doored shower has a seat and a nice new hand-held massage shower head that also has a volume control on it. The water heater is large enough to give a 15-20 minute shower.
The kitchen's full size stainless refrigerator makes it easy to stock up, and there's plenty of space to cook on the stainless 3-burner gas stove and convection/Microwave combo oven. The double sink has a brand new pull-out faucet and built-in soap dispenser.
All window blinds are intact and provide a two-function shade option: 1st layer can be pulled for filtered light and visibility, or the second layer can be pulled for full dark out and privacy.
Out of all the coaches we looked at, this one had the best surface finishes BY FAR! So often it seems the fabric and tile design is loud and unattractive in an RV. Not so on this beauty!
The flooring is a new and modern laminate wood in light tan/grey weathered wood finish. The Corian countertops are a nice flecked-tan granite with a modern and attractive tile backsplash. The window coverings are a subtle black and tan pattern which doesn't jump out and scare you when you walk into the home.
Also unusual for a diesel pusher is the fact that there is a full passthrough storage container on a sliding tray under the coach. We call all of the storage bays the "Garage" because we can fit SO MUCH into them. There are multiple storage compartments on each side of the vehicle, but it is really nice to have that pass-through and slide.
We purchased this to live in for 5 months while our house was rented and we purchased a new home. That time is coming to an end and while we are sad to see that season end, we are so happy for whoever will have this rolling home next. The call of the road and the beauty of the world coming at you through that HUGE front window has been a gift.
When we purchased it we went through and organized like crazy. So all cabinets have bins that fit perfectly. While this was not cheap, we know it will be helpful for the next person who owns and loves this place.
Yes, as stated, we have 2 large dogs. But we are also clean freaks. We have a house cleaner come and do a full clean every week!
A few things to know about this vehicle:
1. There are multiple automatic awnings. The smallest awning does not function and needs to be replaced.
2. The jack sensor occasionally likes to say the jacks aren't up, but they are. So the alarm will beep sporadically. We have had this checked out but the repair folks say the jacks are where they belong and there's some sporadic indicator that says otherwise.
3. We have only used the washer/dryer once. It didn't work right (had a leak). Getit fixed? Replace it? Remove it? Most people will tell you the washer/dryer units in these vehicles don't work well: even brand new ones. This will be considered in the selling price.
Everything else works beautifully and is ready for the road and park sight!!!
Oh, speaking of driving: There are three cameras for stress-free driving: a rear camera with sound (so you can hear a helper as you are backing up ). and two side cameras which come on everytime you hit the blinker. Very convenient!!
If you don't know, here are a few things we found helpful when looking for a motorhome:
1. Experts say: purchase a motorhome that has been lived in so that nothing has been sitting unused. We can tell you exactly what the "quirks" are of this vehicle because we are in it all day!
2. Experts say: Buy a motorhome that is between 10-12 years old for value. The depreciation on a motorhome is steep for the first 10 years and plateaus after 10 years.
3. Experts say: Get a diesel vehicle that has more than 35,000 miles. I'm no mechanic, but I have heard this consistently for decades: Whether it is a pickup truck or a motorhome, a diesel engine wants time to "break in" and get warmed up to efficient function. Experts say this happens after 35,000 miles. We specifically wanted a vehicle with 50,000 or more miles on it. These things will run FOREVER, but they want to get over that first odometer mark.
4. Experts say Monaco is one of the top 3 manufacturers of Motorhomes: Solid wood cabinetry, quality plumbing and lighting fixtures, high-end engine and mechanical components...in other words: QUALITY! This is NOT THE CASE with most manufacturers and we saw a huge difference in the ones we looked at.
5. Experts say: Motorhome tires are measured by age, not mileage. Tires should be replaced every 3-6 years. This is NOT CHEAP, and this vehicle has brand new tires.
Here's the summary:
2008 Safari Cheetah SKQ with 4 slides and 60,000 miles. This RV is approximately 40 feet in length with a Caterpillar 350HP engine, Roadmaster raised rail chassis, heated power mirrors, power pedels, 8KW Onan generator with 365 hrs, power patio and entry door awnings, keyless entry, 2 window awnings, slide-out rooms toppers, gas/electric water heater, electric 50 amp power cord reel, waste pump, pass-thru storage with full length slide-out, side swing out baggage doors, polished aluminum wheels, bay heater, power water hose reel, exterior shower, fiberglass roof with ladder, automatic leveling system, 3 camera monitoring system, Magnum inverter, wood laminate floors, all hardwood cabinets, dual pane windows, bedroom ceiling fan, day/night shades, convection microwave, gas/electric Norcold refrigerator/freezer with ice maker, leather sofa that converts into an air mattress bed, couch that converts into a bed, central vacuum, solid surface counters, glass door shower with seat, washer/dryer combo, queen pillow top mattress with individual comfort control, 2 ducted A/Cs with heat pumps, 2 furnaces, 2 LCD TVs, electric fireplace, new chassis and coach batteries, new alternator, new front window, new dash A/C compressor, recently serviced and much more. Beautiful Coach!
Please give us a call or text with additional questions. I promise we are not as long-winded as this ad might seem. Just wanted to give as much info as possible!
Want pictures of something not shown? Happy to do that.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers