air conditioning duplex w/d in unit no smoking off-street parking no private bath private room rent period: monthly
QR Code Link to This Post
Looking for a solid roommate to share a 1,200sf 3br/2ba duplex.
Sorry, no pets allowed.
The kind of person I am looking for is a quiet, fully-employed, considerate, non-partying person who is reliable, and pays their rent and share of utilities every month on the 1st, no exceptions. The occasional evening visitor is fine, but this is too small of a place for any more than just one person.
Rent is $595 per month. Monthly utilities split 50/50, include power, gas, water, and internet, totaling $150-$230-ish a month, due at the time rent is paid. Each month on or before the 1st I provide a copy of all the bills from the previous month. So on the first, you would pay $595 plus your share of the previous month's utilities.
My current renter is moving out after being here for almost 2 years. This is a nice place, located in N Medford. A queen bed and dresser can be provided (you would be responsible for sheets), or it can be removed if your have your own furniture. The room is average size, about 10'X12'. Bathroom is not private but it will be mostly for your use except by the occasional guest that I have over so it must be kept clean. There is a 2-car garage but it is currently used for storage, so parking is in the driveway. I have a TV but no TV service except streaming. Internet service is also provided.
Full use of the rest of the house included - kitchen, living room, tv, etc. I have pots, pans, dishes, silverware, utensils, etc. Also includes use of the washer/dryer, you provide your own detergent etc. You provide your own food and have your own cabinet space and room in the fridge.
* Verifiable income source with net (take-home) pay equal to at least 3-times the monthly rent
* 650+ credit score
* Rental background check - no evictions in the last 5 years and no late rent payments in the last 5 years.
* A criminal background check will be performed
* $50 application fee to cover the cost of the above items, but I will not be charging this until I narrow down who I want to live here
* No smoking or vaping anywhere inside.
I (and others) have these strict requirements because I (and many others) have been screwed in the past. But if you are a quality renter than you have nothing to worry about.
A fully refundable deposit of $595 is also required. Total to move in is prorated December rent (depending on what day you move in), $595 deposit, plus the already-paid fee of $50 for background check. If the room is left in good shape upon move-out, then the deposit is refunded.
This is how it will break down:
* We meet in person and I get a feel for who you are
* If you like the place and want to be considered, and I like you, I will add your name to the list
* Once I narrow down who I want to live here, I will let the person know that I will need $50 for the background/rental check, income and job verification.
* If everything is good there, then I will give them the go ahead to pay the 1st month and deposit, sign the lease agreement, and move in.
I am a single male, professional, work from home. Chill guy.
Reply if interested with some details about yourself please.
Pictures available on request
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers