University of California, Irvine, Bachelors of Arts, English; Minor: Business Administration; G.P.A., 3.98 Graduated, Summa cum Laude
University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, G.P.A., 4.0 (First six quarters.)
Orange Coast College, Accounting Studies/Certificate; G.P.A., 4.0
University of Alaska, Anchorage, Master of Fine Arts, Creative Writing & Literary Arts, G.P.A., 4.0
California State University, Fullerton, Teaching Credential; G.P.A., 4.0
Pamela Kearney Accounting Services: Accountant and Owner, California: 8/1999-Present. Part Time.
• Manage all aspects of the accounting field: responsible for review and set up of chart of accounts and general ledger for various types of businesses.
• Responsible for day to day entry as well as monthly and quarterly financial statements.
• Prepare payroll; prepare payroll and sales tax returns (multiple states); prepare individual and corporate tax returns.
• Create budget to actual reports.
• Act as liaison between client and C.P.A. Firm and/or various government agencies. Supervised staff of between one to three employees.
Noel Lesley Event Services, Inc., 306 So. C Street, Phoenix Oregon, VIA Express Professional Service, 3523 Arrowhead Drive, STE 100, Medford OR 97504. Accountant, February 2018 to December, 2018.
• Manage all aspects of accounting for a national event service company in Phoenix, Oregon, including day to day accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations and month-end reporting (financial statements.)
• Payroll input & preparation, including reporting to various payroll agencies: Internal Revenue Service, the Oregon Department of Revenue, the Employment Development Department and the Arizona Department of Economic Security. Responsible for the preparation all quarterly and year end payroll reports and tax remittances.
• Preparation of sales tax returns, including the Minnesota Department of Revenue, the California State Board of Equalization, the Washington Department of Revenue, and the Georgia Department of Revenue.
• Detailed accounting / spreadsheets prepared for various clients to show various expenditures associated with pre-planning, equipment & material purchases and business trips.
• Prepare Job Costing Reports (Profit & Loss Statements) per job.
California Ballet Company, 4819 Ronson Court, San Diego, CA 92111 – Accountant. May, 2017 – December 2017. Part Time.
• Manage all aspects of accounting for a premier non-profit corporation in San Diego, including day to day accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking, bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations and month-end reporting.
• Preparation of financial statements, budget to actual reports, production close-out reports and cash flow reports. Special financial reporting to Board of Directors.
• Preparation of documentation for grant expenditures and reports to various government agencies.
• Payroll preparation and all payroll reporting to the IRS and EDD.
Profitwise Accounting, 5752 Oberlin, #106, San Diego, CA 92121: December, 2016 – April, 2017. Staff Accountant. SEASONAL TAX WORK
• Performed year end accounting duties: reviewed vendor lists, prepared 1099s and W2s.
• Performed catch-up accounting tasks for various clients, including input of accounting data and preparation of financial statements.
• Researched various tax law issues.
• Facilitated transfer of data from Lacerte to Ultra Tax programs, including trouble-shooting and fixing discrepancies in retained earnings, shareholder accounts, assets, depreciation and accumulated depreciation as a result of the software transfer.
• Called various agencies (Franchise Tax Board, Internal Revenue Service, State Board of Equalization, etc.) for in progress client issues.
• Prepared individual, partnership and corporate tax returns.
Sage Health Care, P.L.L.C., 413 N Allumbaugh, Ste. 101, Boise, ID 83704: 5/2015-11/2016. Part Time. Accountant. Affiliated with the Human Resource Department.
• Managed all aspects of accounting for large medical practice, including Sage Health Care, Sage Psychiatric Management, Sage Real Estate, Sage Profit Sharing (each a separate entity.)
• Also managed accounting for eleven individual providers (medical practitioners), including accounts payable, bank account and credit card statement reconciliations, payroll preparation and quarterly and annual payroll reporting, such as Form 941, SUI, W-2s, 1099s and Idaho State Withholding Tax.
• Also reconciled income from Quick Books and bank statements to Health Pac Income Reports.
• Also prepared monthly and yearend financial statements.
• HIPPA classes.
The Boardroom, Inc., 2727 W. State St., Boise, ID 83703: 7/31/14 – 11/2016. Part Time. Full Charge Bookkeeper.
• Managed all aspects of accounting for a large, fast-paced retail store (snowboards, skateboards, wakeboards, apparel, accessories and more), including day to day accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory tracking in lease, demo and rental store, layaway and gift certificate tracking, daily deposits, payroll and payroll reporting, monthly sales tax return preparation, monthly financial statements, and bank reconciliations and yearend review and preparation of books for C.P.A.
Summerwinds Garden Center, Inc., 390 E. Park Center Blvd # 140, Boise, ID 83706:
9/2014 – 5/2015. Part Time. Long Term Temporary Position. Payroll Administrator / HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT.
• Managed all aspects of payroll for multi-state (Idaho, California, Missouri and Arizona) retail garden company, including maintenance of 140 to 240 employees in the ADP automated system and bi-weekly payroll processing. Reviewed ADP quarterly payroll reports for accuracy. ASSOCIATED WITH HUMAN RESOURSE DEPARTMENT.
• Managed all onboarding paperwork (I-9s, W-4s, etc.)
• Reviewed month end reports, wage garnishment paperwork and prepared wage budget reports
• Created excel spreadsheets with 401k information and uploaded information to The Standard. Reviewed for accuracy.
• Uploaded and reviewed payroll information into Peachtree and prepared adjusting entries and accrual entries. . Reported wages as scheduled to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Underdog Rescue, Inc.: Treasurer and Director, Julian, California: 6/2003 -12/2012.
• Managed all aspects of dog and cat non-profit rescue group.
• Prepared and submitted paperwork to obtain 501-c-3 nonprofit status.
• Worked with Rescue Coordinator of group and various staff members of shelters. Managed Petfinder.com website. Reviewed adoption applications and called potential adopters. Helped coordinate and put on adoption events.
• Responsible for all financial aspects of non-profit organization including preparation of financial statements, payroll and corporate tax returns.
• Wrote & received several grants.
• Managed staff of 1 to 2 employees and dozens of volunteers. Featured in Dog Fancy Magazine, July, 2005.
Alaska Adventure Unlimited/Anchors Away Cruise Outlet: Full Charge Bookkeeper, Wasilla, Alaska: 1/2009-5/2011.
• Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable and all other aspects of accounting, including bank reconciliations and financial reporting (balance sheet/profit and loss statements.)
• Responsible for “Bed Tax Returns”, county tax returns and SUI reporting.
• Designed profit and cost analysis reports for each job (i.e. tour packages.)
Jack Olaf, Edward Tailford, Joe Sherman, et al: REAL ESTATE / PROPERTY MANAGEMENT GROUP: Accountant (Independent Contractor), Costa Mesa, California, 7/2001 – 3/2007.
• Managed all aspects of the accounting field for a large diverse partnership(s), which owned and operated rental real estate properties in California, Oregon and Washington.
• Responsible for accounts payable and accountant receivable, including preparation of rental statements and utility billing calculations. Maintained A/R balances for individual tenants and sent out late statements as necessary.
• Also responsible for payroll and payroll reporting for an average of twelve to fifteen different properties in California, Oregon and Washington.
• Acted as a liaison between property managers and managing partners.
• Also prepared monthly Profit and Loss Statements for all partners and yearend statements and financial books for C.P.A (Mike Johnston, C.P.A.)
Stafford & Warren, CPA’s: Accountant, Office Manager, Irvine, California: 8/1996-6/2001.
• Worked in all aspects of the accounting field: responsible for maintaining clients’ books, which included processing accounts receivable and accounts payable data.
• Responsible for preparation of monthly or quarterly financial statements; responsible for preparation of payroll tax returns and sales tax returns.
• Also prepared individual and corporate income tax returns.
• Worked on preparation of data for payroll, sales tax and income tax audits by various government agencies.
California High School, Whittier, California; High School English Teacher: 9/1991 – 6/1996.
• Taught grammar, spelling, writing and literature to ninth, eleventh and twelve grade students. Taught Basic English, Writers’ Workshops, Creative Writing, Advanced Composition, American Literature, Honors. Voted best teacher of the year, 1994. Coached the Academic Decathlon Team: selected as the “Most Improved Team” in the Los Angeles Region, 1995.