compensation: Approximately $35,000; compensation depends on experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
On behalf of our client, BBSI is seeking a full-time Peer Support and Outreach Specialist who embodies our mission of providing assistance and community resources to Veterans in need. This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity support those who have served to secure our freedom and national well-being.
The Peer Support and Outreach Specialist acts as a role model and an advocate for program participants, and a team member by working in support of Case Managers. The ideal candidate will have exceptional active listening stills, maintain strict confidentially, and be open-minded to various treatment concepts. The general duties of the position include assisting Veteran and their families by providing supportive services to participants and connecting them to appropriate resources. The following are other associated duties of the position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reach out to low-incomes veteran households throughout the county and surrounding communities
• Assist with documentation, data entry, follow-up phone calls, making photocopies, putting case files together and any other administrative assistance as needed
• Support veterans and their families’ vocational choices and assist Veterans with their job searches.
• Monitor and document outreach progress and process
• Develop, perform, and assist with workshops pertaining to veteran households needs.
• Screen and evaluate veteran households for eligibility of services and emergency assistance.
• Conduct comprehensive client assessments to develop a case plans
• Develop emergency support systems by coordinating available services necessary to maintain independent living and family stabilization
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Veteran of the Armed Forces with anything other than a dishonorable discharge
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Peer Mentor Certificate and crisis intervention training within 90 days of hire. Employer will arrange for the incumbent to obtain the certifications
• Possess a valid driver’s license at the time of hire
• Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Proficient with computers and using basic program such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
**Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other pre-employment job requirements**
• Veteran who has direct experience with homelessness
For immediate consideration, please visit our Career Portal at www.barrettbusiness.com/jobs and apply for the position by submitting your resume and contact information. If you have any questions, please call 541-772-5469.
BBSI, a leader in the Human Resources Management industry since 1951, provides expert knowledge with best-in-class management tools and partners with businesses as they grow and evolve.
BBSI is proud to be an EOE and maintain a drug-free workplace
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities