compensation: $14/hr; medical, dental, Rx, vision, paid time off, paid holidays, EAP, Simple IRA match employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
YOUTH OUTREACH WORKER
Maslow Project, a nonprofit advocacy organization for homeless youth and families, is looking for a youth outreach worker to support our street and rural outreach program; working outdoors to bring vital resources and support to unsheltered homeless youth and families throughout Jackson and Josephine County; providing compassion while working with those who are in crisis to help them feel safe and understood, without judgement. Our new youth outreach worker will maintain a flexible work schedule to meet those in need when and where they are in need. They will also coordinate with community partners to ensure wrap-around support for the youth and families we serve. A successful applicant will utilize experience of diverse cultures and outdoor survival skills to improve safety of youth and families while they are living unsheltered; offering support for transitioning toward stability and the opportunity for a better life.
* Experience in social services preferred
* Able to work with a diverse population in a variety of settings
* Knowledge of local community resources and services
* High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree in human services field preferred
* Valid Driver's License
* Must pass criminal background check and drug screening
* Outstanding communication skills (phone, email, person to person, public)
* Strong ability to connect with young people and passion for advocacy
* Able to work a flexible schedule when needed, with frequent evening or weekend hours
* Conduct regular Outreach to homeless youth and families throughout Jackson and Josephine County as part of a team
* Build rapport with youth and families
* Distribute information and supplies to clients
* Maintain accurate knowledge of current community resources
* Develop curriculum and facilitate workshops that focus on harm reduction topics, including human trafficking and sexual exploitation/abuse
* Demonstrate a commitment to the principles of Positive Youth Development and "meeting people where they're at"
This position will include frequent travel between Jackson and Josephine County locales, and exposure to various weather conditions. It may also include occasional interactions with disgruntled individuals, as well as individuals under the influence of intoxicants, or experiencing severe and persistent mental illness.
This position is 40 hours/wk and qualifies for excellent employer-paid medical insurance, dental coverage and an IRA employer match. Maslow Project also offers an EAP program, Paid Time Off, and competitive wages. We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled. If this posting is still up, we are still accepting applications!
Please answer the following questions (may be part of your cover letter or be in an additional document) and submit with your resume:
1. Tell us about a goal or a challenge you've had in your life that required hard work and perseverance to accomplish. How did it turn out and what did you learn in the process?
2. Why do you want to work specifically for Maslow Project and what makes you a good fit for our organization?
Maslow Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants that fail to submit the required documents (resume, cover letter, and answers to the above questions) will not be considered. Apply by responding to this ad or mail/bring to Maslow Project 500 Monroe Medford, OR 97501.
For more about us visit www.maslowproject.com or www.facebook.com/MaslowProject
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers