compensation: Hourly; commensurate with experience employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
At Mache, our mission is to empower people to embrace both personal and planetary wellness.We know that yoga and fitness lovers come in all shapes and sizes—and so do the props that support their practice. Too often we stash yoga tools under the bed, in a closet, or piled up in the corner—only to be forgotten along with dust bunnies. Mache is here to change that. Made out of recycled materials, our products help you prioritize your wellness practice by offering easy storage solutions. Did we mention we love the Planet? All of our products are made locally by hand from recycled, non-toxic materials. So you know when you buy from Mache, you aren’t just looking out for your wellness, but the wellness of the world around you.
YOUR DAILY ROLE: Based in Oregon & NYC, we are a rapidly growing company that's on a mission to bring health and wellness to our customers quickly and efficiently. We are looking for a dependable team player with strong shop experience, great attention to detail, enjoys working with others, takes pride in doing a great job, and the desire to create quality products in the furniture industry.
This role is responsible for all aspects of production, tooling and assembly of furniture made out of industrial paper tubes. We will count on you for various crucial tasks, from organizing orders to sanding and applying finish to products. Ideal candidates are enthusiastic about the production process, comfortable with following creative direction, self-motivated and can work both independently and collaboratively. If you are an individual who can multi-task, solve problems and do things proactively, you’ll quickly become invaluable.The goal is to ensure production gets on smoothly and problem-free. This position is part-time to start, to assist in the production of product launch sales orders/inventory ramp up, and holiday sales. This position has the ability to quickly grow to be a full time position with benefits and if you demonstrate high ability you may quickly grow to a management position. We want you to be excited by challenge, and even more excited to grow along with us!
• Prepare raw materials for cutting/tooling, etc by organizing, sorting, building order boxes, etc.
• Wrap, cut, drill, sand, clean and prepare products for distribution.
• Keep work areas clean and organized. Pushing brooms/sweeping, emptying trash, etc.
• Assist Production Director with errands and shop related tasks.
• Provide production process improvement recommendations along with associated equipment and tool lists.
• On-board and train future Production Crew members.
• Process incoming orders and see that they are fabricated with excellent quality control and optimal efficiencies.
• Log inventory tracking of raw materials and hardware.
• Coordinate with Mache Team members, including vendors, fabricators and tradespeople.
• Coordinate fulfillment and distribution.
• Proven experience in a woodshop, minimum 1 year of relevant experience
• High school diploma or GED; Relevant training (e.g. tech-college woodshop courses) will be an advantage
• Ability to pass a drug test and background investigation.
• Valid Driver's License
• Standing 4-6 hours a day.
• Lifting 50lb or more without assistance.
• English speaking
• Authorized to work in the United States
• Knowledge of machinery such as: sanders, table saw, band saw, drill press, pallet jack, hand tools, etc.
• Must be able to read a tape measure to 1/16"
• Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, inventory and stewardship processes
• Flexible working schedule
• Maintains workbench and woodshop area.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking ability
• Resourcefulness and problem-solving
• A team player with great communication skills
• Experience following written and oral instructions to create a product.
• Proven work experience that demonstrates an ability to consistently report to work on time and to maintain satisfactory attendance record.
• Experience keeping record of production.
• Other duties may be assigned.
START DATE & COMPENSATION:
Start Date: Week of August 18th
Wage: $13 - $18/hr + Craterworks Membership
LOCATION: The majority of the work will take place at CraterWorks in Central Point, with occasional trips to our prototyping specialists shop in Talent.
APPLY: To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Production Assistant" in the subject line. Be sure to include your CV and a brief note about why you’re interested in joining MACHE.
Mache is an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers