compensation: 45-55k DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
2Hawk Vineyard & Winery has an opening for a full-time Tasting Room Manager at their Medford tasting room.
Our mission at 2Hawk Vineyard & Winery is simple: to be the best we can be. Period. The pursuit of quality guides everything we do in growing fruit, making wine, and providing exceptional guest experiences. Combining over 50 years of experience in agriculture, winemaking, and customer service, Owners Ross and Jen Allen along with Winemaker Kiley Evans have propelled 2Hawk to the forefront of wine quality, site stewardship, and hospitality. This drive for excellence consistently produces wines that earn 90+ points, Gold, Double Gold, and Best in Class distinctions. 2Hawk’s production of luxury-class estate wines is focused on Malbec and Viognier with smaller amounts of Tempranillo, Pinot noir, Grenache, Sauvignon blanc, and Chardonnay. Oregon’s wine industry is adventurous and filled with exciting opportunities to broaden expectations. 2Hawk Vineyard & Winery is blazing the trail. Our DTC sales have increased 20% annually for the past 3 years and we are looking for a team player who wants to be part of our success story and has the ability to contribute to that success and help continue our rapid growth while maintaining an exceptional experience for guests.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to lead our hospitality and sales team. This manager will build a strong business by innately delivering beyond-expectation customer service, bringing or fostering relationships in the community, passionately articulating the winery stories, and creating a positive energy in our retail experience. This candidate is well spoken, polished, and demonstrates warmth and grace with partners, staff, and visitors. He/she is hard-working and a self-starter, desiring a more entrepreneurial environment where he/she takes ownership for the operation to build the business and deliver results, within the overall mission, values, and structure of 2Hawk Vineyard & Winery.
• With input and assistance from the Assistant Manager, hire, train, and discipline staff as needed and appropriate.
• Coordinate shift scheduling to ensure adequate coverage at all times.
• Provide feedback and ongoing training to all staff; conduct performance reviews.
• Answer incoming emails and phone calls promptly and with appropriate responses and tone
• Schedule reservations, large groups, and private parties with appropriate paperwork, staffing, and team member communication. Coordinate and support the set-up, execution, and take-down of hospitality events.
• Learn the ins/outs and all functions of POS/customer software (OrderPort), including regular updates, to level of expert or highly proficient. Also be able to run reports when requested by owners, account, winemaker, etc.
• Accurately maintain customer database for new members or cancelations. Accurately perform routine actions such as edit orders, partial or full refunds, etc.
• Twice annually assist with processing orders for wine club releases along with pre- and post- follow-up.
• Monthly inventory of wine in two locations, quarterly inventory of non-wine items such as glassware, brochures, gift items, etc.
• Be on the floor as much as possible and always during busy periods. Ensure floor service is flowing well and staff is conducting their performance as appropriate and correct.
• Talk with guests to ensure satisfaction, build warm relationships, increase brand knowledge/loyalty and sales/club membership. Demonstrate excellent salesmanship skills through active listening and building rapport with guests. Effectively ask for and close sales and wine club memberships while creating a positive visitor experience.
• Describe wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answer visitor’s questions about wines.
• Conduct daily wine tastings for consumers and provide an informative brand-oriented visit for all visitors.
• Share knowledge of the Rogue Valley and general tourism information. Provide and train staff for a concierge style of customer service.
Personality & Attributes
• Must be friendly/outgoing, warm but also firm when necessary, fun but highly organized and efficient, sharp memory a must.
• Communication is key. Keep owners and team members in the loop and able to find the line between overly needy and outside your authority.
• Judgment must be highly sound. You must know when to seek input or approval vs. self-action. You must think things through and made good decisions that are executed in an appropriate manner that doesn’t alienate guests or team members but also upholds company policies.
• Written & verbal communication skills – if you can’t communicate with proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, and TONE then please don’t apply for this position.
• Must be enthusiastic about wine, tourism, the wine industry, and wine guests.
• Must be highly organized and effective at prioritizing tasks and moving seamlessly between back of house to front of house job tasks.
• Must be a team player and highly self-motivated.
• Must be able to manage staff members in a way that fosters a respectful, knowledgeable, motivated, responsible, and helpful team.
• Must have the ability to adjust efficiently & effectively to changes in service or engagement expectations.
• Professional demeanor with a positive, enthusiastic and “can do” attitude.
• Advanced, technical knowledge of wine is preferred for this position.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the 2Hawk winery and our wines.
• Continually learn about wine and improving the wine sales experience.
• We provide a menu of freshly prepared food items so basic food preparation as needed.
• Represent the winery at outside functions; organize and submit proper forms & documentation for all events.
• Maintain appearance and presentation of the tasting room at all times.
• Improve and maintain display and pricing of retail items and wines, including seasonal rotation of displays.
• Identify new opportunities to increase sales, tasting room traffic, and guest engagement.
• College degree desired but not required depending on credentials and experience.
• At least two years of experience as a manager, including managing staff members, in a winery or restaurant is a non-negotiable requirement.
• A working knowledge of wine, wine sales, and hospitality required.
• Good research and data presentation skills.
• Good computer skills in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs repeatedly.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Must be able to effectively stock wine and non-wine merchandise, set-up event activities, and be able to utilize a dolly cart to assist in moving heavy objects.
• Required to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed. Schedule will primarily be Tuesday-Saturday with Sundays and Mondays. Some Sundays will be required, particularly during the busy season.
• Outdoor events require working in weather conditions.
• Must possess through employment a valid drivers license and reliable transportation, and have or obtain valid alcohol servers permits from Oregon Liquor Control Commission.
Salary: 45-55k DOE
Some benefits available including paid medical/dental/vision insurance, one week paid vacation after one year, complementary wine club membership, 10% of tip pool, and 35% employee discount on wine purchases.
A cover letter is required to apply for this position. Please tell us why you want this job, why you believe you would be good at the listed requirements, as well as anything else you would like us to know about you. References from former managers as well as former employees under your management will be required before hire.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers