compensation:$15-$17 per hour, 5% bilingual pay differential
job title:Preschool Aide 1
QR Code Link to This Post
Join a fantastic organization where you can make an impact working with children in your community! Apply for this part-time position online at https://ashlandymca.org/careers/
Assist the Preschool Head Teacher in providing direct supervision of a group of children in a preschool setting. Creates positive, nurturing relationships with children, while building cooperative relationships with parents/caregivers/co-workers. Promotes and supports the potential of all youth in programs and facilitates peer-to-peer connections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide direct care to children in the Preschool program monitor children at all times and respond appropriately to crisis or emergency situations that may occur.
• Assist Head Teacher and Teacher Aide 2 in implementing curriculum.
• Encourage experimentation, exploration, problem solving, cooperation, socialization and choice-making; ask open-ended questions and follow-up questions to promote further learning and thinking.
• Work with the Preschool Director and Head Teacher to ensure all YMCA policies & procedures, state licensing, health department, fire safety and emergency preparedness requirements are adhered to at all times.
• Required to properly complete all records, including but not limited to rosters, incident reports, unacceptable behavior reports, staff files, children files, and medication forms.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of the YMCA childcare policies; ensures the program meets the highest standards of excellence. Follows procedures including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.
• Ability to lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of indoor and outdoor settings.
• Promotes a positive approach to supervision, communication, and interactions with others; maintains ongoing communication with supervisor. Actively engages with youth and activities during the program.
• Attend and participate in all staff meetings and trainings as required.
• Participate in a minimum of 16 hours of annual child care education/training per calendar year.
• Give breaks to staff, and filling in where necessary when staff are out.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
· Maintain punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
• Must be responsible and pay attention to details.
· Able to work alone as well as collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
· Maintain a positive image at all points of contact with members of the public.
· Maintain professional attitude/manner and respectfully take direction from Supervisor.
• Must be 16 years of age or older.
• Must successfully pass a security clearance and be enrolled in the Office of Child Care’s Central Background Registry.
• CPR/AED, and First Aid Certification, must include Adult and Child/Infant, Food Handlers Card, obtained within 30 days of hire or before the program starts, whichever comes first.
• Previous experience with diverse populations is preferred; the ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from all backgrounds.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Creative, fun, energetic, hardworking, sensitive, mature, able to supervise and relate well to children, parents and staff.
• Ability and willingness to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with program goals.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to walk, run, stand, and sit for long periods of time.
• May be required to lift and/or carry items up to 50 lbs.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.